Odoreu - The Orthodox Church of “Archangels St. Michael and Gabriel”

Available in:
The church was built between 1818 and 1823, on the place of the former wooden church. The old church is mentioned in the old registers of the parish, beginning in 1874. The new church is in the centre of the village, next to the main road. It has a rectangular nave and a semicircular apse, and the building resembles the baroque style, common to the ecclesiastical architecture at the beginning of the 19th century. The tower was added in 1880, while the four-faced clock with bell-ring of the tower was commissioned by emigrants to America in 1910, together with the pulpit. During the same year a new iconostasis was made too, remarkable for the artistry of the sculpture. It was repainted recently with great talent and mastery, respecting the Byzantine canons, by painter Gheorghe Bondoc. (DB).

References:
Parohia Ortodoxă Română Odoreu, Scurt istoric al parohiei (manuscris).
 
Navigation


County Museum of Satu Mare
Bd. Vasile Lucaciu, Nr. 21
440031, Satu Mare
România
Tel.:0261-737526
Fax.:0261-768761
Email:muzeusm@gmail.com

Complete Details
Finanţator
Sigla UE
Pentru informaţii despre celelalte programe finanţate de Uniunea Europeană în România, cât şi pentru informaţii detaliate privind statutul de membru al României la Uniunea Europeană, vă invităm să vizitaţi adresa web a Reprezentanţei Comisiei Europene în România
Acest site web nu reprezintă în mod necesar poziţia oficială a Comisiei Europene. Întreaga răspundere asupra corectitudinii şi coerenţei informaţiilor prezentate revine iniţiatorilor site-ului web.